My Poetry

This is a display of my poetry. You can leave comments or your own poems. I agree not to use anyone elses poetry without permission and would require others to do the same.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedworth, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am Mum to 2 sons who have been inspiration for much of my poetry. I'm also blessed with 2 bonus daughters and 3 granddaughters. I have had several poems published in different books but I thought it would be nice to keep it all in one place. Unfortunately I don't have all of my older poetry but I've tried to remember to keep new stuff here. You can also see articles, poems, and the occasional short story of mine on Vocal https://vocal.media/authors/sapphire-ravenclaw Buy my designs on various products here: SMRavenclaw.redbubble.com You can also search for my work under various names: Sapphire M. Ravenclaw, Rebecca/Becky Lucas/Harvey

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Envisage

 Note - I found this poem in an old notebook that my sons had found while clearing out their bedroom. I didn't remember writing the poem but, as I read it, my 22 year old said it sounded like one of mine! I also looked up some of the words just to make sure it wasn't someone else's, although I don't know why I would have written out a poem in my book that wasn't mine. The scribbles, edits, and crossings out would, perhaps, also be a clue that it is something I wrote. 🤣

There was no title (as I rarely include titles unless I have to). There was no date on the poem either. With the help of some other notes in the book that mentioned a day and date (but not the year), however, I deduced that the poem was probably written some time in 2013.

I have made up the title on the spot today (Sunday 14th August 2022) but please feel free to comment if you have any better ideas for the title.


Envisage


Here I am at Brooklyn Bridge
I can see the Eiffel Tower
As I stand against Niagara Falls 
I feel alive with power.
 

In truth, I have been nowhere
No such exciting times
I only envisage the moments
Within my imagining mind.


Oh, how wonderful it would be
To have such opportunity
But I must continue to stand alone
Against the old oak
In a garden, overgrown.

by Sapphire M. Ravenclaw



While I have never visited the places mentioned in the poem, I have since visited plenty of other places in England as well as my first trip to another country in 2019 (Mallorca). There are still so many places - in the UK and abroad - that are on my bucket list. Perhaps I'll write more about them if it happens.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home