My Poetry

This is a display of my poetry. You can leave comments or your own poems. I agree not to use anyone elses poetry without permission and would require others to do the same.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedworth, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am Mum to 2 sons who have been inspiration for much of my poetry. I'm also blessed with 2 bonus daughters and 3 granddaughters. I have had several poems published in different books but I thought it would be nice to keep it all in one place. Unfortunately I don't have all of my older poetry but I've tried to remember to keep new stuff here. You can also see articles, poems, and the occasional short story of mine on Vocal https://vocal.media/authors/sapphire-ravenclaw Buy my designs on various products here: SMRavenclaw.redbubble.com You can also search for my work under various names: Sapphire M. Ravenclaw, Rebecca/Becky Lucas/Harvey

Wednesday, October 03, 2018

As Yet Untitled

This poem was written by my son Rhys Tamborski, age 18. He wrote it on 21st September 2018, and has given me permission to share it here. He recently started university at Edge Hill, which was the first non-denominational teacher training college for women. The final lines make reference to a statue that was unveiled this year to commemorate 100 years since women were given the right to vote in the UK. There are pictures which he took to go with this. I will ask him at a later date if I can include them.



I had my fish and chips in the park
Made sure to eat them before it got dark
Here it's lovely, peaceful and serene
The trees before me are really rather green.
The chips were alright, the fish not too bad
'Twas only a fiver for what I've just had.
Now it's warm and it's wet
And time for the sun to set.
The garden's lit up and how could we forget
She who stands guard: the good old Suffragette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home