My Poetry

This is a display of my poetry. You can leave comments or your own poems. I agree not to use anyone elses poetry without permission and would require others to do the same.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedworth, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am Mum to 2 sons who have been inspiration for much of my poetry. I'm also blessed with 2 bonus daughters and 3 granddaughters. I have had several poems published in different books but I thought it would be nice to keep it all in one place. Unfortunately I don't have all of my older poetry but I've tried to remember to keep new stuff here. You can also see articles, poems, and the occasional short story of mine on Vocal https://vocal.media/authors/sapphire-ravenclaw Buy my designs on various products here: SMRavenclaw.redbubble.com You can also search for my work under various names: Sapphire M. Ravenclaw, Rebecca/Becky Lucas/Harvey

Friday, January 19, 2018

Changes

This came up on my Facebook timeline. Written 19th January 2017. I just titled it here. I can't remember what was going on at the time but the end was about having someone to help.

When you feel like you're sinking because you've almost sunk before.
When what you want most of all
Is to walk out of the door.

When the cycle starts again
and you're sinking 'to despair
When it's happened before
And nobody was there

When you feel like you're drowning
When you thought you'd start to swim
Because you'd let yourself believe
That positivity could win.

You think you're falling back
To seven years ago or more
Because it feels like it did
When you could not see the door.

You still feel like you're drowning
Like it's happening again
But this time, you are stronger
And you didn't have him then.

When you wonder if it's just a test
To see how far you've come
When you know you've all you need
All can be overcome.

History repeats itself
It feels like another battle
You still think you're falling back
And find it hard to settle.

But the outcome will be different
Because this time, you believe in you
It still feels like you're climbing
But you know you will get through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home