My Poetry

This is a display of my poetry. You can leave comments or your own poems. I agree not to use anyone elses poetry without permission and would require others to do the same.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedworth, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am Mum to 2 sons who have been inspiration for much of my poetry. I'm also blessed with 2 bonus daughters and 3 granddaughters. I have had several poems published in different books but I thought it would be nice to keep it all in one place. Unfortunately I don't have all of my older poetry but I've tried to remember to keep new stuff here. You can also see articles, poems, and the occasional short story of mine on Vocal https://vocal.media/authors/sapphire-ravenclaw Buy my designs on various products here: SMRavenclaw.redbubble.com You can also search for my work under various names: Sapphire M. Ravenclaw, Rebecca/Becky Lucas/Harvey

Thursday, February 08, 2018

From the Future Mrs. Harvey

Originally titled 'D', this poem is another which popped up on my Facebook timeline. I haven't written anything new for a while so it is nice to find the old ones that I have not already shared here.

Written 7th February 2016


D

To my man, I want to say
You're wonderful in every way.

You've been there, right by my side
With so much love and so much pride.

I welcomed you into my life
Never thinking I'd wish to be your wife.

'though I've known you not even two years*
A life without you is my biggest fear.

I could never thank you enough
For being everything, in smooth and rough

You're a wonderful partner, an amazing friend
My love for you will never end.



You've done so much to earn your name
As future husband, father, friend.


*D and I have now been together almost 4 years, engaged for almost 2 years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home