My Poetry

This is a display of my poetry. You can leave comments or your own poems. I agree not to use anyone elses poetry without permission and would require others to do the same.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedworth, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am Mum to 2 sons who have been inspiration for much of my poetry. I'm also blessed with 2 bonus daughters and 3 granddaughters. I have had several poems published in different books but I thought it would be nice to keep it all in one place. Unfortunately I don't have all of my older poetry but I've tried to remember to keep new stuff here. You can also see articles, poems, and the occasional short story of mine on Vocal https://vocal.media/authors/sapphire-ravenclaw Buy my designs on various products here: SMRavenclaw.redbubble.com You can also search for my work under various names: Sapphire M. Ravenclaw, Rebecca/Becky Lucas/Harvey

Monday, January 02, 2017

When Love Can Not Win

Why do I love them?
I can not explain
It hurts that I
Am not free to exclaim.
I do not like the others
They are not good people
But I can't say it
For fear of reprisal
Raised by a woman
Manipulative, evil
That's why they became
So thoughtless and hurtful
Not a hi or a thank you
For gifts we sent
Were they not good enough?
Is that what this meant?
But I do love the babies
Though they'll never know
Because hatred has won
So love can not show.

We never will hold them
We're not welcome there
They won't know our love
It's really not fair.
He loves them all
And he hurts and he fights
But they don't love him back
And that is not right.
She stopped them from loving him
She did so much wrong
But he thinks it's his fault
And it's been too long.
He can't get them back
Too much damage is done
If only he'd fought
When they were young.

This poem was originally written on my Facebook page (Sapphire M Ravenclaw), the coloured verse was added here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home