My Poetry

This is a display of my poetry. You can leave comments or your own poems. I agree not to use anyone elses poetry without permission and would require others to do the same.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedworth, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am Mum to 2 sons who have been inspiration for much of my poetry. I'm also blessed with 2 bonus daughters and 3 granddaughters. I have had several poems published in different books but I thought it would be nice to keep it all in one place. Unfortunately I don't have all of my older poetry but I've tried to remember to keep new stuff here. You can also see articles, poems, and the occasional short story of mine on Vocal https://vocal.media/authors/sapphire-ravenclaw Buy my designs on various products here: SMRavenclaw.redbubble.com You can also search for my work under various names: Sapphire M. Ravenclaw, Rebecca/Becky Lucas/Harvey

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Goals

Why are things so complicated?
You try so hard just to be berated.
You start to feel a part of things
But then people show their true feelings.

Why do we work so hard towards a goal
Only to realise we're getting too old?
You think you've achieved and you raise a toast
Just as someone moves the goal post.

But keep on trying, that's what I say
Surely your time will come one day
Do your best and think out loud
Of yourself you must be proud.

We might get down, think we're aiming too high
There will be times to heave a sigh
But believe in yourself and in everything you do
And others will believe it too.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have great points there, so I always love your blog, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the good work, My friend recommends your blog.

My blog:
Regroupement de credit aussi Rachat De Credit consommation

July 30, 2011 9:59 PM  
Blogger pumpkinjam said...

Thank you "Anonymous" :) I am an "amateur expert" in lots of things. Thank you to your friend for recommending my blog. :) I must post some more stuff soon.

September 11, 2011 12:40 PM  
Blogger Vid said...

"and others will believe it too" :)
Love that line.. I always think the last line of a poem is the most important. If the poem ends on a good note, it leaves you feeling good.

October 13, 2011 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: Your poetry has caught our attention. We will be listing you in our Poet's Directory along with a direct link to your blog. We do not copy other people's poems, but We will post a link so members of our community can find you. You do very nice work. Keep on writing! PoetsWord.com

September 01, 2013 1:29 AM  
Blogger pumpkinjam said...

Thank you 'Anonymous'. That is very much appreciated. I am hoping to add some more poems in the near future.

June 27, 2014 5:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home