My Poetry

This is a display of my poetry. You can leave comments or your own poems. I agree not to use anyone elses poetry without permission and would require others to do the same.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Bedworth, Warwickshire, United Kingdom

I am Mum to 2 sons who have been inspiration for much of my poetry. I'm also blessed with 2 bonus daughters and 3 granddaughters. I have had several poems published in different books but I thought it would be nice to keep it all in one place. Unfortunately I don't have all of my older poetry but I've tried to remember to keep new stuff here. You can also see articles, poems, and the occasional short story of mine on Vocal https://vocal.media/authors/sapphire-ravenclaw Buy my designs on various products here: SMRavenclaw.redbubble.com You can also search for my work under various names: Sapphire M. Ravenclaw, Rebecca/Becky Lucas/Harvey

Thursday, March 09, 2006

RUNAWAY

Run, run, into the night
Into the forest
Out of sight

Go, go away from them all
Do not return
And do not call

Run, run, until they have gone
You are their prey
You must go on

Race, race do not make a din
Go far from here
And don't let them win

Run, run, into the night
You are not safe
Though they are not right

Quick, quick, they can't catch you now
They're not in control
You beat them somehow

1 Comments:

Blogger pumpkinjam said...

This poem was published by United Press Ltd in A Passion for Poetry (West Midlands Edition, 2002)

March 09, 2006 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home